Rare Disease Day is an annual opportunity to raise awareness and educate people about the thousands of rare conditions that affect more than 377,000 New Zealanders.
This year, we would love YOU to host a morning or afternoon tea to raise awareness and funds for rare diseases. There are over 7,000 rare diseases which collectively affect around 8% of the population – more than diabetes. We offer focused support for all Kiwis with a rare disease.
How you can help
- Host a shared morning or afternoon tea, it can be as large or small as you like
- Set a date, choose a venue (at work, your home or a local café) and invite your friends, family and colleagues to catch up and support the rare disease community
- Your guests give a donation which you pass on to NZORD
NZORD is the voice of the more than 377,000 Kiwis with a rare disease and we work hard to support and advocate for patients and their families/whānau. Your generous support allows us to continue to work for a fairer health system for everyone.
Chances are you know at least one person with a rare disease. You can ‘Share for Rare’ in recognition of the person you know, or share the stories of ordinary New Zealanders from our website.
The highest fundraiser will receive a My Food Bag voucher valued at $169.99.
- Wear orange (NZORD’s colour)
- Use rare ingredients
- Wear unusual jewellery/hats/accessories
- You can submit the money you raise through our Donation webpage
- Or deposit any cash donations directly into the NZORD bank account: 01-0533-0042051-00, with reference ‘Share for Rare’
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org